Wednesday, April 03, 2013

3 Trials Of A Single Mother

I've been a single mother of two for three years now, and a single mom for four years. There is no experience like parenthood, and I'm grateful for every second of it. It's changed my life in ways I couldn't imagine, but let's be logical there's nothing easy about parenting.



Challenges
Once my daughter walked into the picture, many of my friends walked out. My family always had something to say because I was so young having my first child. Growing up as an only child didn't help. I had absolutely no experience! Also, I was only a junior in high school, and had just started working my second job. So you can imagine I had challenges hitting me from all directions.

I learned to accept that challenges are a part of parenthood. What matters at the end of the day is that we face whatever issues we may have for our kids sake,and insure that they grow up in a positive and safe environment

Changes
So much has changed since I became a single mom. I learned a lot, because of the situations that come along with being a single parent. I've gained a true sense of independence by taking on raising two children by myself especially at a young age. I've recently just started my own business, and have my own office out of home! It has been an amazing experience, and I wouldn't want to share it with anybody but these two!

It is important to expect nothing less, because everything will constantly change. Your kids will keep growing, and personalities are starting to form. Relationships with others may grow, and some may even fall apart. Sometimes we may have to sacrifice things, but embracing change is key to commitment.

Commitment
As a mother of two I had to learn that:
  • Some people are always quick to judge
  • People can be harsh on new parents, no need to be even harder on yourself (Learn from your mistakes.)
  • Bills are always going to be due
  • Something will always need to be fixed
  • And things continue to come up out the blue

I had to stop talking about what I couldn't do/didn't do...and just do. Stop worrying about life, and start enjoying living. You can't solve all your problems in one day, (I sure tried to at one point) but you can enjoy your family. It was as simple as letting go of all that worrying, having faith in God, and just being there for my babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...